Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Highlights from Nappiology Expo 2011

Me, Keisha Ricks of Nappy Bliss Hair Salon in DeSoto, TX, Ansylla Ramsey of My Hairitage Salon in Clinton, MD and De Phillips Johnson founder of Nappiology, Inc.

This was my 2nd time to have the pleasure of attending the Nappiology Expo and I was amazed at how Nappiology Inc founder De Phillips Johnson was able to out do last years event.  This year Nappioloy added a pre-expo meet and greet event called Nappy Hour held at the Aloft Hotel, Irving,TX.  I appreciated her holding this event because it gave attendees and vendors the opportunity to network and offered plenty of drink specials...even a signature Nappiology drink!  It was great!!!


During Nappy hour I met so many wonderful people. One of them was a friend from Facebook Darnel Sanders who recently contacted me about a novel titled, Internal Vanity by Antonio Wingfield.  The book is juicy and is about 4 adopeted sisters (with natural hair) from a small town in North Texas, thats all I needed to know, I bought a copy! I cant wait to sink my teeth into it! Natural hair drama begins, ;o)

I left Nappy Hour with TONS of samples...My clients will love these!! 


I was so excited to attend this year.  I'd learned of all the great vendors who were scheduled to be in attendance and all the workshops that were going to be held this year.  Heres my recap of my day at the 2011 Nappiology Expo....

This years expo was held at the Hurst Convention Center in Hurst, TX...the place was HUGE!! I paid my $10 entry and received my welcome bag full of goodies!!

The Lobby

The entrance
As I entered through the expo doors the very first booth is shown above.  It stayed busy, and the staff behind the booth worked diligently to answer questions by consumers.  I was impressed.

Natural Hair pics everywhere!


Pure and Healthy Hair Salon's booth offered complimentary make~up!!

Great things happening at the Aveda booth!

My FB friend LaTonya Lewis of Aveda demo's a hair product for someone.

I stopped at the DevaCurl booth and ended up staying there for a good 20 minutes.  I was happy to meet the woman in this photo Angie Damiani of David Dalton Salon.  She trained in NYC at the Deva Chan Salon (owned by author of Curly Girls Lorraine Massey) and had tons of pics she shared with me of her clientele...all Black women!!! She shared that as long as heat, color, or any other harmful chemicals are on being placed on our hair there is no need to cut 6-8 weeks. I have known this for years and totally agreed with her.  with that said I will be booking my appt with her for January 2012 for a nice reshape!
Ansylla Ramsey owner of My Hairitage Salon in Clinton, MD offered her services and again, another packed booth!


 I had the pleasure of meeting the Sister wearing the twists and the tan vest to the right of the photo the night before at Nappy Hour and we exchanged business cards.  I will definitely be checking out the Amazing Botanicals natural hair care line.



 DJ Francis Jay of Neo~Soul Cafe' spinning on the ones n' two's lol...it was great having great music to listen to while walking around the expo!

 Another booth offering hair services...this Sister was getting a scalp massage.


 Riyike JewelsbyAnike Faleti


I love it!!!


 My beautiful Facebook Friend, Designer Shoe Diva, Cassandra Russell...



Of all the photo's I'd taken at the expo, this on is hands down my favorite and the most meaningful.  I was walking around when this beautiful Natualista, LaKeisha approached me.  She didnt know my name but she definitely knew my blog.  She eagerly shared that LuvMyKynxx helped her care for her hair better and that she refers all of her friends family and anyone who asks her about natural hair to LMK blog.  She was sooooo sweet words cannot express.  Her hair was shiny with big defined healthy curls.  I felt proud and thanked her for her support....God is Great!!!


The beautiful Ms. Jane Carter of Jane Carter Solution hair care products.  Her booth also stayed packed. When I took the photo she comment to me " I feel like such a Celebrity"...my response was..." you are".  She is such a pretty woman.



I was happy to see natural hair Tee-Shirt designer B Naptural Apparel.  I had to buy one, too cute!! 






Exquisite loc designs by Lock Couture





This was my favorite booth.  I know, I know...has nothing to do with HAIR but, it had everything to do with spirit.  The owner of this booths merchandise hand paints Bible scriptures on rocks, plants, totes, and just about anything.  I had to buy one she had already made below:


This is my favorite...my eldest sons name is Jeremiah and my birthday is 11/29...God spoke loud and clear ;o) and I'm livng his  plan each day I rise!

This was another great booth...massages were offered to relax us Naturalistas while shopping.



I thought this dress was cute...well actually the brown one behind it which was a halter...I didnt buy it and now regret it. Online is still an option!
 Another Salon representing loc styling.

 Another jam packed jewelery booth...
I love to support local black owned beauty supply stores!!
Needless to say I thoroughly enjoyed this years Nappilogy Expo and look forward to attending next year and every year!! I walked away with a few goodies and tons of business cards.


Expo Hair and Outfit...





HHG!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! Amica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the photos and I hate that I missed this expo :(

    ReplyDelete